Compared to exterior waterproofing, interior waterproofing is more effective when it comes to protecting your home
Exterior Waterproofing Service in Markham
Compared to exterior waterproofing, interior waterproofing is more effective when it comes to protecting your home. It is also preferred by plumbers because there is limited exterior access to the basement wall and it is more cost-effective for unfinished interior walls.
Interior waterproofing also requires less steps and can be done quicker because it requires less work and less material. The procedure for interior waterproofing include the following steps:
- A foot wide channel is cut into the concrete floor in the interior perimeter of the basement wall, and the footing is exposed.
- Weeping tiles are installed and are connected to the floor drain or sump pump.
- A dimpled waterproof membrane is applied to the entire wall from ceiling to the bottom of the channel.
- Clean coarse gravel is added over the weeping tiles.
- The channel is filled with concrete, and the work area is cleaned up so that the property is returned to its original clean state.
The Sump Pump
For interior waterproofing, a drainage is added to the inside of the home and is routed to a discharge point so that the water from under the footings and seepage through the walls is intercepted. Usually, the sump pump is used as the point of discharge when the drainage is blocked or where there are no additional drainage options. The sump pump comprises of a pit lined with a high-quality plastic liner at the lowest point of the basement waterproofing system, and it will drain water into the pit and pump it out, preventing any blockage.
We are happy to serve your needs dealing with
Interior waterproofing service:
Markham Plumbing will help you sort out your interior waterproofing problems and provide you with a cost-efficient solution! Contact Markham Plumbing at (289) 469-0424 now!
Markham Plumbing is a company offering all kinds of plumbing services for the residents of Markham, Ontario. Our plumbers are certified within the Markham, Unionville, Thornhill, Box Grove, Markham Village, Milliken Mills, Greensborough regions.
Need Help With Interior Waterproofing Service?
Choosing Markham Plumbing means you are choosing the best available craftsmanship available in the area. We are able to address simple drips as well as the most severe drainage or pipework problems.